Dallas!

AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Jul 25 11:30:20 EST 1994

To whomever was asking about good biochem programs in DFW or Texas:
I got my PhD at the Biochem Dept. at UT Southwestern Medical Center at
Dallas, and I can tell you that I truly believe I got excellent preparation.
It doesn't have the reputation of Harvard or MIT with the general public,
but it is a well-known place for real scientists. 10 members of the National
Academy, three Nobel laureates, and a REAL interest in students. Guaranteed
funding, etc. It's a tough, high-stakes kind of place, but it's a good place
to learn to become a serious scientist. All in a smallish campus, essentially
a medical center.

Ricardo Azpiroz