HEROINE CYCLE

Tillman Bussey tab at crl.com
Thu Mar 17 11:37:35 EST 1994

I previously posted this questionnaire and requested a response within 2 days.
which would be the counterpart to Joseph Campbell's "Hero Cycle".  The
questions were originally written to get a woman's point of view, but I later
realized that it would be interesting to find out what men thought would
elevate a woman to heroine status.  Gentlemen your participation is welcomed,
however, I'd like for you to interview a woman in developing your theory.
When I have a significant number of responses, and the information has been
compiled, I will release the information back to the net with credit to those
that contributed.

 1).  What roles do men play in the development of a heroine.  These roles
      may be negative or positive.

 2).  What obstacles would a woman have to overcome to achieve heroine
      status that a man would not have to overcome to achieve hero status.

 3).  Listed below are attributes, negative or positive that may be encountered
      by a woman on her climb to heroism.  Please state your feelings regarding
      these attributes, and add any you feel were omitted.

	   *  Loss of freedom
	   *  Choice of Path
	   *  Must Overachieve
	   *  Inequity
	   *  Bound by Tradition
	   *  Manipulated
	   *  Worth is defined by a male

 4).  In Greek mythology, Sisyphus is condemned eternally to repeat the cycle
      of rolling a heavy rock up a hill in Hades only to have it roll down
      again as it nears the top.  Tell how this  scenario might relate to
      you, or other women you know.

**** ANY CONTRIBUTIONS YOU HAVE REGARDING THE CREATION OF THE HEROINE
     CYCLE THEORY WOULD BE APPRECIATED. ****

****Send your responses to: