Women, hormones, and the medical establishment

Drmarts drmarts at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 09:20:18 EST 1994

Geez, didn't we learn anything from our experiences with "God's gift to
the sexual revolution", The Pill? Why are we so suprised to be hearing
horror stories about Depo-Provera and Norplant? Any form of contraception
that interferes with our hormonal cycles is going to have side effects and
some of the side effects will be severe. Of course, we'll be told that
this is just "anectdotal evidence" and that none of these problems came up
in the clinical trials, etc.

These drugs have the same effect on your endocrine system as a sledge
hammer has on a chicken egg.  Better we should educate women about their
bodies and teach them how to avoid preganancy by othe means, IMHO.

Sherry Marts