gender and postdocs

Sybil Santee sa95023 at odin.mda.uth.tmc.edu
Mon Oct 3 21:11:25 EST 1994

Hi!  My name is Sybil Santee.  On Oct. 15th I will be co-chairing a session on  postdocs.  I am supposed to bring into the discussion gender-specific issues
in looking and applying for postdoc positions.  I am just now venturing into
this territory myself.  I am a graduate student in the dept of Immunology at
U. of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.  I would appreciate any feedback some-
one may have.  Some of the comments I have received already are: 1) don't put
marital status on CV; 2) don't wear wedding ring; 3) determine if/how many
female postdocs have been trained in the lab and where they are now; 4) is it
benefical/preferrable or not to work for a female researcher.  Please email
comments or additional issues to ssantee at odin.mda.uth.tmc.edu.  I would be
happy to summarize and post the comments.  Thanks so much for your time. I
think this newsgroup is a wonderful idea.

Sybil
:w
ZZ

--