Attn: Re-Entry Women Over 40.

Suzie Snyder snyder at msvax.mssm.edu
Fri Sep 23 17:32:19 EST 1994

In article <Annette_Van-1909940032330001 at cis-ts3-slip4.cis.brown.edu>,
   Annette_Van at Brown.edu (Annette M. Van) writes:
>RE-ENTRY WOMEN
>
>- ARE YOU 40 YEARS OLD OR OLDER?
>- HAVE YOU RECENTLY RETURNED TO SCHOOL?
>- ARE YOU IN A LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP OF AT LEAST 3 YEARS?
>
>   My name is Ann-Catrin Van, M.A. and I am a doctoral student at
>California School of Professional Psychology fulfilling a dissertation
>requirement. I am interested in how couples are affected by the changes in
>their relationship which occurs when a woman re-enters school.
>
>   Participation would require the completion of questionnaires by both
>partners, which would take approximately 30 minutes. [snip]

I hate to say this Ann-Catrin, but you may be seriously biasing your results by
requiring the completion of the questionnaires by BOTH partners--that assumes
you have access to both partners and that they still are partners.  Sadly,
easily a third to half of the couples I have known where the woman went back
to school after more than a year or two out of school/in the work force/at
home ended up divorced.

I would love to hear the results of your work when you have them--especially if
they prove the people I know to be the exception rather than the rule, as I have
found this observation to be incredibly depressing!