grad student connections

Julia A. Keith Julia.A.Keith at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Sun Apr 2 13:32:18 EST 1995

--- Mandy Johnstone wrote:
 it makes generally lab life which sometimes as a Ph.D student
is lets face it almost all of your life for 3 years (in UK) much more happier.
--- end of quoted material ---

This really suprised me-our program here has a minimum of 5 years (even if you
come in with a masters already) and I know of programs (Harvard comes to mind)
where the average grad student stay is 8-10 years.  How come the US demands so
much more time?  It can't be that our theses are better.  Thoughts?

Julie Keith