What would YOU do?

Mary Curtis curtis1 at wis.com
Mon Apr 3 10:50:03 EST 1995

Jennifer Langley (jaylin at primenet.com) wrote:
: I'm new to this newgroup and I have been sifting through some of the
: entries.  This seems to be a friendly and knowlegable newgroup.

: I've got a question for those of you who already have degree's in
: Biology and/or are working in the field.

: First, I should give you a little background on myself.

: I'm almost 30 years old and Two years ago I started College.  I started
: not really knowing what I'd end up majoring in.  I took a biology class
: and was hooked.  I've taken a year and a half of biology.  One year is
: general Bio and one semester of Micro.  (I also have Chem and a lot of
: math under my belt and enjoy that too.)

: I'm thinking I want to major in Microbiology, but I haven't declaired my
: major yet.  I also got slammed with the fact that I have to choose
: between things like immunology, virology and bacteriology (For a long
: time I thought micro was just micro...silly me).

: My problem is that I find ALL of it interesting.  The only part of
: biology I don't really like is botany, and I even like that somewhat.

: So here is my question:  Knowing what you know, if you had the chance to

: And hey, if you think the field stinks and you should have majored in
: economics, let me know that too.  Oh and don't worry, I'm not basing my
: decision on your answers.  I already *know* med or vet school is OUT!  I
: have no interest in practicing medicine.  Here is your chance to really
: talk it up and to say what you really think.

: Thanks.....

: (and I'm not picky, you can post answers here or send them to me directly)

: --
: Jennifer Langley
: jaylin at primenet.com