which way to go?

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Wed Aug 2 09:08:39 EST 1995

Rosetty at Microserve.com (Rosetty) wrote:
(snip)
 >Where
>best should I concentrate my PhD....in the direction I LIKE or in the directin
>that will get me employment?  Thanks...Susan

I think pre-judging what sub-speciality will be "employable" is
impossibile these days.  All it takes is one news release from CELL,
SCIENCE or  NATURE identifying a new area of research and
everything can go topsy turvy.  My advice is do what you like
and do it well, and take pains to be well-rounded because you
can't tell what will be employable in the future.

Although neuroscience does seem to be on a roll.... ;-)

S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
 "I don't speak for the Institute,
 and the Institute  doesnt speak for me."