which way to go?

mrtour at stud.med.cornell.edu mrtour at stud.med.cornell.edu
Mon Aug 7 11:01:04 EST 1995

In article <9508027658 at microserve.com>, Rosetty at Microserve.com (Rosetty) wrote:

> Hi...I need some advice regarding which direction to take in terms of a PhD in
> an area of Biology.  Where does my interest lie???? Most definitely in
that are
> of microbiology and immunology.  However, I have been forewarned by my mentors
> in my Masters program that this is not the most "employable" of areas.  Are
> they right?  My goal is to TEACH on a fulltime, college level....I teach
> parttime now...and LOVE IT.  ON the other hand I am soon to be divorced
and the
> mother of three young kids.  I would appreciate any comments or advice.  Where
> best should I concentrate my PhD....in the direction I LIKE or in the directin
> that will get me employment?  Thanks...Susan

Since when is Microbiology and Immunology subjects not employable?  I
think your mentor is not in either field (is this true?) or is
bitter.....perhaps it is the teaching part that your mentor is speaking
about....i don't think medical science has as much problems with
employment as say, mathematics....go with what you enjoy...why be
miserable.

michelle (someday I'll graduate too)

--
db