women and men in science etc

Neo Martinez szmrtnz at peseta.ucdavis.edu
Sat Dec 9 14:48:59 EST 1995

	One voice we haven't heard from on this thread is that of women
who have found partners/husbands/fathers/nannies that do *most* of the
child rearing work.  Men often appear to be comfortable parenting with a
person that is less professionally ambitious and very supportive.  Do
scientifically ambitious women who want children ever find themselves a
less professionally ambitious partner that supports the women's career?
Seems to me like a great way to deal with kids and a career but does this
society make it impossible?

Neo D. Martinez
email ndmartinez at ucdavis.edu
Research Fellow