Cheesecake calandars

Julia Frugoli JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Wed Dec 20 10:38:17 EST 1995

For those of you with a sense of humor about science and the present
discussion, I'm forwarding this excerpt from the latest Annals of
Improbable Research:

			PLEASE FORWARD/POST AS APPROPRIATE
The mini-Annals of Improbable Research ("mini-AIR")
Issue Number 1995-12
December, 1995
ISSN 1076-500X
Key words: improbable research, science humor, Ig Nobel, AIR, the
A free newsletter of tidbits too tiny to fit in
	The Annals of Improbable Research (AIR),
	the journal of inflated research and personalities
SPECIAL SWIMSUIT ISSUE
We are preparing our annual "Swimsuit issue."  If you or yours
(please do not send somebody else or somebody else's) has a
photograph that is suitable for our annual swimsuit issue, please
send it in.  Weight, age, body-fat percentage, posture, and
fashion sense will all be given equal lack of consideration. Our
last cover model, a distinguished retired surgeon, was in his late
70's when he donned his Speedo for the photographer.  Stiff
competition for the cover slot is expected again this year.

Several readers have gingerly asked whether their physical
characteristics might render them suitable for inclusion in AIR's
special Swimsuit Issue. Our answer is: if you possess it, flaunt
it, whatever it is. Please mail sutiable or unsuitable photos of
yourself suited or unsuited (black & white photos preferred, but
we don't insist) to the usual address. If you need the photo back,
you'd better include a stamped self-addressed envelope. No, not
everyone will be chosen, but we urge you to try this, for your
children's sake.

[A special note: Anyone whose photograph has appeared in the
Studmuffins of Science calendar is ineligible for the AIR Swimsuit
Issue, for obvious reasons.]
Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

visiting grad student at