Any ideas for EYH presentation

Janet Bryant jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Wed Feb 1 14:02:11 EST 1995

And now for something completely different than the last 2 days' worth
of postings..  :-)

Expanding Your Horizons is coming around again and I need to come
up with a fun presentation (about half-hour long) for middle school girls.
The intent is to show these girls the exciting things about careers that
may not have immediately come to mind when they envision what they
want to be when they "grow up".

Last year I had them playing with a scientific computer code in small
groups.  It was ok, but not splashy enough.

any suggestions for lively look  into the world of science that I
can package for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders?  I've also asked in the other
science newsgroups, but really value the opinions of this forum
because most of you (:-)  were once 6th grade girls and can help
me remember how to get their attention.....

thanks in advance for the suggestions....

janet
Janet L. Bryant
Mail Stop: K7-94    Internet: jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Engineering Technology Center          Voice: (509) 375-3765
Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories  FAX: (509) 375-6417
P.O. Box 999, Richland, WA 99352 U.S.A.     "mine, all mine!" Disclaimer