Technical writing anyone???

Laurel Bernstein lbernstein at isisph.com
Wed Feb 1 08:26:31 EST 1995

In article <3gi8c4$d5m at darkstar.UCSC.EDU> quinones at orchid.UCSC.EDU (Cathy Quinones) writes:
>From: quinones at orchid.UCSC.EDU (Cathy Quinones)
>Subject: Technical writing anyone???
>Date: 30 Jan 1995 08:35:16 GMT

>I am hoping to pursue a career in technical writing when I finish grad
>school and am wondering if any readers would be interested in sharing their
>experiences in this field.  I hope to be able to use my background in
>biology, of course, but I'm pretty flexible.

This is not directly responsive since I am a patent agent, not a technical
writer, but you (and others) might investigate that as a career if you haven't
already. Both careers require excellent communications skills and a strong
scientific background. I work at a biotech company so my molecular biology
background is well-used. I made the switch from research 4 yrs ago and love it
(as you may remember from my post some time ago, I was once pointed out at an
AWIS gathering as "that's the one, SHE's happy"). I would be happy to try to
answer any questions about this field by email- though I think we have been in
touch already so you may have decided this isn't for you.  Good luck!
Laurel Bernstein -- lbernstein at isisph.com
These are my opinions, not my employer's