Any ideas for EYH presentation

Julia A. Keith Julia.A.Keith at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Thu Feb 2 08:59:16 EST 1995

Janet Bryants request for a middle school level presentation aimed at girls set
me thinking.  My daughter is in 6th grade, and she, like me when I was in jr
high, is in love with animals.  In talking to two recent PhDs, both women, they
said that they both wanted to be veterinarians when they were in high school
(me too!).  So I pursued this a little further and found that two of the three
undergraduate women working in our lab (we do plant genetics) came to college
as pre-vet majors.  I don't know if there's a pattern here, but it seemed like
and interesting way to get middle school girls into science......
Anyone else have experiences to add?

food for thought
Julie Keith