EYH presentations

richey%poly.DecNet at CHEM.WISC.EDU richey%poly.DecNet at CHEM.WISC.EDU
Thu Feb 2 13:02:40 EST 1995

The Institute for Chemical Education has a large number of publications
dealing with educating k-12 students, as well as order forms for "memory
metal" and other fun things for teachers or presentors.

They can be accessed through the gophers at the University
of Wisconsin Gopher server or directly by paper mail at

ICE
1101 University Ave.
Madison WI 53706

608 262 -3033 (I think)

As an aside, I remember living things were big with me and my friends while
we were in middle school.  Plants, poliwogs and even snakes.  I worked as a
nature counselor for ~ 6th grade girls and they loved the "yicckky" stuff.

I highly recommend peple who are looking for demos for any level of student
take a look at Shakashiri's "Chemical Demonstrations: A handbook for Teachers of Chemistry".

Paula Schlax -