advice for girls interested in a career in science or math

terrilcsd at ins.infonet.net terrilcsd at ins.infonet.net
Thu Feb 2 21:43:06 EST 1995

This spring I will be presenting a talk to girls in grades 6 - 11 about
what they can be doing now to prepare for a career in science or math.  Any
advice that anyone in this group can give would be greatly appreciated.

Also my son just received a BS in biophysics and finds the job prospects
rather dismal.  Are we doing these kids a favor in promoting career in
science?  I am a high school math and wscience teacher and am frequently
asked for advice.

Thanks to anyone who might be willing to help me out.

Jean Wyatt