EYH presentations

Janet Bryant jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Thu Feb 2 19:59:16 EST 1995

In article <9502021749.AA00332 at animal.chem.wisc.edu>, richey%poly.DecNet at CHEM.WISC.EDU says:

>The Institute for Chemical Education has a large number of publications
>dealing with educating k-12 students, as well as order forms for "memory
>metal" and other fun things for teachers or presentors.
>
>They can be accessed through the gophers at the University
>of Wisconsin Gopher server or directly by paper mail at
>
>ICE
>1101 University Ave.
>Madison WI 53706
>
>608 262 -3033 (I think)
>
>As an aside, I remember living things were big with me and my friends while
>we were in middle school.  Plants, poliwogs and even snakes.  I worked as a
>nature counselor for ~ 6th grade girls and they loved the "yicckky" stuff.
>
>I highly recommend peple who are looking for demos for any level of student
>take a look at Shakashiri's "Chemical Demonstrations: A handbook for Teachers of Chemistry".
>
>Paula Schlax -
===============
Paula:  Thanks, new sources for me....

I'll keep you posted (pardon the pun...)

Also let me take this opportunity to thank all the posters and e-mailers
who have given me LOTS to think about for EYH this year.

I encourage people to get involved with EYH and other kinds of
opportunities to make science "real" for others.  It's a very
rewarding opportunity and a nice reminder to yourself for those
days when the +=?>$% are wearing you down.

thanks.  regards.

janet
Janet L. Bryant
Mail Stop: K7-94    Internet: jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Engineering Technology Center          Voice: (509) 375-3765
Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories  FAX: (509) 375-6417
P.O. Box 999, Richland, WA 99352 U.S.A.     "mine, all mine!" Disclaimer