bjford: who he? why?

Janet Bryant jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Mon Feb 6 19:03:47 EST 1995

In article <3gr64e$46b at cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>, toodles at wam.umd.edu (Ellen I. Paul) says:

>In article <wendyw.11.2F307090 at staff.monash.edu.au>,
> <wendyw at staff.monash.edu.au> wrote:
>>On 29 Jan 1995 14:35:15 GMT, Ellen Paul wrote (amongst other things):

<polite snip>

>What I want to know is whether this is an absurd thing to do, considering
>I will be 45 when I finish?  Would it be better to stay in conservation
>and sit behind a desk (I do this very well, but I hate it!) - not better
>for me, but where can I make more of a contribution?
>
>Sorry this was so long, but I have condensed four years into one post -
>hope to hear what all of you have to say.
>
>Ellen Paul

=============
Ellen:
Absurd?  No.
Long-term commitment?  yes.
I stopped at my master's and at 36 want to go back to school.
but instead, I settled for getting the braces on my teeth that I've waited
20 years for....(that's a bad joke.  the trade-off; not the braces.  they're no joke)

I am already doing what I love, and loving what I do. (and, yes, it even involves
a desk a LOT of the time...)

I could not imagine spending so much of my waking hours doing something
I didn't love.  I'd be a stark-raving lunatic by now...(yeah...yeah...I hear the
chuckles in the background from those who've read my posts before....:-)

GO FOR IT ELLEN!  Life if too short to have a regret that big!

I'd love to know where you wind up.

regards, and best wishes,

janet
Janet L. Bryant
Mail Stop: K7-94    Internet: jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Engineering Technology Center          Voice: (509) 375-3765
Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories  FAX: (509) 375-6417
P.O. Box 999, Richland, WA 99352 U.S.A.     "mine, all mine!" Disclaimer