Should I change my surname?

Julia A. Keith Julia.A.Keith at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Tue Feb 7 09:58:04 EST 1995

Deborah's post has prompted me to add my own question:

When I got married 17 years ago, I took my husband's surname.  I then proceeded
to go to college, work and go to grad school, publishing under that name.  But
as much as someone about to be married may not want to hear this, some things
don't last.  After 15 years, the owner of the surname left.  I'm getting
married again this year, and now I have a double dilemma-I've never published
under my maiden name, I don't want to go on publishing under my  ex-husband's
surname, and I'm gunshy of publishing under my husband-to-be's surname.
Suggestions?

What's in a name?
Julia  Keith