committees

Galloway Cynthia M kfcmg00 at TAISUN1.TAIU.EDU
Wed Feb 8 16:13:09 EST 1995

I have been on many, many University committees based on the fact that
they needed a woman on the committee.  I am currently a non-tenured
Associate Professor (eligible for tenure next year) in the Biology
department and the only female professor in either Physics, Chemistry,
Geology or Biology.  The male professor who was hired one week before me
has been on one or two committees in the five years we have been here
while I have been on at least twenty in the same time period (and that's
with not accepting all of the committee assignments I have been given).
I do make it a point to make my mark in the committee meetings because if
they are going to take up my time on sometimes senseless committee work, I
am going to make them listen to my points - even though my only purpose
there is to balance out the gender of the committee.

Cyndy

Dr. Cynthia M. Galloway
Dept. of Biology
Campus Box 158