name changing

Vanessa L Artman SEAVLA at DAMES.COM
Thu Feb 9 20:51:07 EST 1995

Concerning Liz Johnson's comment "By the way, my husband always tells people
that he decided to keep HIS name."  Hurrah!

When I got married over 10 years ago, my husband and I both decided to
hyphenate our names.  That was fine until we went before the social
security person, who promply handed ME the necessary paperwork, but
said my husband had to go before a judge to change his name.
How's that for reverse discrimination???!  So, we gave up and each
stuck with our own names, which has turned out fine ever since.

Vanessa Artman