advice for girls interested in sexism

Julia A. Keith Julia.A.Keith at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Sat Feb 11 11:06:23 EST 1995

--- Terry Parks  wrote:
 Most of the best scientists are, in fact,
male.
--- end of quoted material ---
You've been brainwashed.  The founder of ecology was female.  The discover of
radiactive elements was female.  The dicover of transposons, which opened up
genetics in every model organism was female.  The first person to tie sex to
chromosomal inheritance was Thomas Morgan's post-doc (female).  I don't think
she thought bigotry went with it, but you're making me a believer!

Julie Keith