Female colleagues

Marla Brunker brunker at delphi.com
Sun Feb 12 20:26:40 EST 1995

	Parks -
	I don't read every line you post so if you've answered this, I beg
your pardon - but are you by any chance thinking of going into the sciences
when you graduate? Any scientific or technological endeavor at all?
	If so, you might bear in mind that the readership of this group is
quite wide-flung - and many of us have long memories.
	I for one find it annoying to turn to this group for some
intelligent discussion of something of mutual interest, and find
instead half-a-dozen of your repetitive posts to the effect that the women
in this group, women scientists, and (in your doubtlessly limited
experience) women in general are discriminating against men (amid
discussions of how to arrange our careers harmoniously with our marriages
and children - odd concerns for man-haters).
	I suppose any possibility that the discrimination you feel is merely
against sophomoric, self-righteous know-it-alls who see this group as
an extension of the boys-vs-the-girls games that most men outgrow
in grammar school, never occurred to you.