Should I change my surname?

Hadass Eviatar eviatar at ibd.nrc.ca
Tue Feb 14 13:27:15 EST 1995

I didn't change my name and even my 81-year-old mother-in-law addresses
mail to me in my own name, bless her heart. My parents think it only
natural that I should keep their name rather than use somebody else's.

And of course career-wise (I am a physicist), keeping my own name
only makes sense.

After reading some of the frustrations people have to go through,
I realise how lucky I am. Even if my name is more difficult to spell
and pronounce than my husband's ... 8-)

BTW, I agree with the person who suggested not to hyphenate. You might
as well change your name and be done with it.

Regards, Hadass

Hadass Eviatar                               eviatar at ibd.nrc.ca