Great Science Books (that include Women)

Janet Bryant jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Tue Feb 14 12:13:27 EST 1995

To Julia Keith:  "Dr. Curie and his wife"!????  oooh boy, that made my day!

To quote Myra and David Sadker from "Failing at Fairness: How America's
Schools Cheat Girls",...."Each time a girl opens a book and reads a
womanless history, she learns she is worth less."

Thought I'd mention the National Women's History Project and their
wonderful catalog (48 pages) that includes the BEST supply of books.  We
(the Lab I work at) order books from them regularly and donate them to
school's libraries.

I am in no way (other than being a supporter) affiliated
with this non-profit organization, so please don't view this as a commercial
message.

National Women's History Project
7738 Bell Road
Windsor, CA  (USA) 95492
Phone: 1-707-838-6000  or FAX: 1-707-838-0478

"Promoting gender equity through public recognition of women's
diverse lives and accomplishments."

Remember that March is National Women's History Month.  This is
the 75th anniversary of the Woman Suffrage Movement.  What are you
doing about it?????

janet
Janet L. Bryant
Mail Stop: K7-94    Internet: jl_bryant at pnl.gov
Engineering Technology Center          Voice: (509) 375-3765
Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories  FAX: (509) 375-6417
P.O. Box 999, Richland, WA 99352 U.S.A.

"My opinions may be quoted, but use them at your own risk.  I know I do."