Proportionate representation (was Re: selection committee)

Hannah Dvorak DvorakH at starbase1.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 15 11:39:18 EST 1995

In article <10FEB199517054289 at utkvx.utk.edu>, boake at utkvx.utk.edu (Chris
Boake) wrote:

[snip]
> women should be involved in decision-making.  At some distant point in the
> future, women might be represented in all jobs in proportion to their
> representation in the population at large.
[snip]

Or, they might not.  At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, how
can we assume that in a completely equitable society, women (or any other
subset of humanity) will in fact be proportionately represented in all
jobs/careers?

Just a thought.

Hannah

--
Hannah Dvorak                           |
DvorakH at starbase1.caltech.edu           |