Work shoes and other important things

Marla Brunker brunker at delphi.com
Fri Feb 24 22:53:34 EST 1995

Karine Hertzberg <karine.hertzberg at bio.uio.no> writes:

>After having read 28 articles on different types of shoes, I am happy I
>don't live in the US and don't have to follow some silly dress code.

	Good, stay home. One of the burdens of US citizenship is hearing/
reading blanket criticisms from people who aren't from the States but know
exactly what's wrong with the place and everyone here. "You Americans are
so...[fill in the blank]".
	(To Americans reading this: the phrase "We Americans are so [fill in
the blank]" isn't any better...who are you trying to impress/distance
yourself from?)

>on debating The Ideal Shoe on a newsgroup that's supposed to be for women
>biologists? So what if some old morons want you to wear high heels, that's

	I suppose someone held a gun to your head and forced you to
read all 28 articles. I do get tired of the sort of mentality that says that
women scientists are required to forego any interest in clothes (even comfortable ones), families,
men, or domestic matters.