Work shoes and other important things

Barb Lewis barb at nmrfam.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 27 11:45:57 EST 1995

In article <karine.hertzberg-240295163133 at biomac21.uio.no>,
karine.hertzberg at bio.uio.no (Karine Hertzberg) wrote:

> After having read 28 articles on different types of shoes, I am happy I
> don't live in the US and don't have to follow some silly dress code.

> What I don't understand is this: why don't you just go to a shoe shop and
> buy shoes that can be used for walking, instead of spending time and energy
> on debating The Ideal Shoe on a newsgroup that's supposed to be for women
> biologists? So what if some old morons want you to wear high heels, that's
> their problem.

> I'm not particularly interested in other peoples's shoe preferences. I hope
> the shoe people can either stop filling this newsgroup with shoe talk or
> make their own.

Karine -

I just wanted to point out that the "Work Shoe" discussion was started by a
question from someone working for a shoe company (Reebok, I think). They
were seeking comments from women scientists on what they look for in a work
shoe, to help them in developing new products.

Those of us who had opinions on the subject were happy to provide input
which was *requested*. That's all.

Barb Lewis
e-mail: barb at nmrfam.wisc.edu - My own opinions, of course