controlling my temper

Joy Frestedt frest001 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Tue Feb 28 16:57:24 EST 1995

I think Shova replied to Ruffel with a comment to be more like the men.

> My advice to you is to do YOUR work.  If that means tending the plants, then
> do so and do it well.  If you are on equal educational footing with the men
> in your group then do not let them push you around AT ALL!!!  If they assume
> more intelligence because they outrank you degree wise there are many ways
> to proceed. 1)Do not let the B**ch title bother you.  Some of the most
> respected women are  called this because society has no easy title for
> women who assert themselves. A man with equal assertiveness would be called
> ambitious or some other positive qualifier

Can't we create a better system where we don't have to be bitches with egos in
order to do our good work?

>             2) The best way to deal with egos is to have one of your own.

Joy Frestedt, PhD candidate in Pathobiology
Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Box 86 UMHC
University of Minnesota
Mpls, MN 55455