Women scientists in fiction

Jeff Rawlings rawlings at presence.com
Wed Jan 4 18:58:46 EST 1995

In article <1995Jan3.132114.3647 at leeds.ac.uk>, bch6als at biovax.leeds.ac.uk wrote:

> I'm keeping a look out for fictional portrayals of women scientists,
> especially in a contemporary setting.

A recent issue of Ms. Magazine (last quarter of 94) had a feature story on
women in science fiction. The article talked about both female authors and
the portrayal of gender in science fiction. There is even an award for the
most gender-bending story each year.

I'm not sure how many of the works mentioned deal with characters who are
female scientists, but the article might be a good place to start.

--
Jeff Rawlings       *Internet Construction Ahead*        Presence
Publishing Director, BioWeb                 rawlings at presence.com
http://www.bioweb.com/bioweb/            http://www.presence.com/