Technical writing anyone???

Helen Lyons hlyons at mbcrrc.bu.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:32:37 EST 1995

In article <3gi8c4$d5m at darkstar.UCSC.EDU>, quinones at orchid.UCSC.EDU (Cathy
Quinones) wrote:

> I am hoping to pursue a career in technical writing when I finish grad
> school and am wondering if any readers would be interested in sharing their
> experiences in this field.  I hope to be able to use my background in
> biology, of course, but I'm pretty flexible.

hi Cathy...

What do you mea by technical writing??  I'd like to end up working for
TIBS or TIPS or New Scientist..etc..Unfortunately..I'm trying to get myPhD
in Pharmacology and havn't had time to look up information.
 I'd too would like to hear from anyone (male or female :) who has insight
into how I can turn a PhD into scientific journalism..

> If anybody is interested, I can also forward the titles of a few
> techincal writing books I have read recently; likewise, I welcome reading
> recommendation.

I'm definately interested..but have nothing with which to recirocate just
yet..But I'll work on it!!

Regards,

Helen.