Tolerance/was: bjford: who

Terry Parks Terry.Parks at launchpad.unc.edu
Tue Jan 31 22:58:39 EST 1995

>Seems like bjford posted an article of only moderate relevance to b.w-i-b:
>that introducing kids to the fun and opportunities science affords is
>WONDERFUL fun. Dr. Kaye posted a moderately grumpy remark about how this
>seems too off-topic to her--referring specifically and pointedly to an
>individual, *not* a gender--and now she's being roasted for sexism.

Then let's give her a chance to set the record straight. She can post
to bionet.people-in-bio and show that she does not believe in gender
segregating technologists or she can post here, showing that as a
sexist she does.

>This is usually a much kinder forum; I've found information and networking
>because of bionet.women-in-bio to be extremely valuable and I'd hate
>to see new or occasional viewers turn away because of a couple of
>off-key posts.

Hardly a surprise that I would like cesspools of bigotry like this to
dry up and disappear from lack of use. There is nothing of value
here that could not be posted to bionet.people-in-bio.

Launchpad is an experimental internet BBS. The views of its users do not
necessarily represent those of UNC-Chapel Hill, OIT, or the SysOps.