INDUSTRY VS ACADEMIA VS MEDICINE

Madhuri Roy roym at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Mon Jul 10 08:44:55 EST 1995

Hi there everybody.

I am relatively new to this newsgroup and have a few questions to toss
out.  If I am being redundant or banal, please someone do let me know.
I am a recent college grad who has a few years working in academia --
Molecular Biology.  I am at crossroads in my career path, deciding
between going to medical school and pursuing a career in the biotech
industry.  I am trying to find out as much information about the
lifestyles, job security, long term payoff etc... While this posting may
sound naive, my questions and concerns are sincere.  I was wondering if
anyone might have general comments on these issues.  Some personal
information, I am keen on 'settling down' and having a family and if
possible Having it all!!

thanks
naive newcomer