SCIENCE HEADHUNTERS ARE HERE!!!!!

DrHeasley fheasley at chemistry.com
Fri Jul 14 07:43:26 EST 1995

Dave Jensen <davej at sedona.net> wrote:

>Spend ten minutes in the library, with Kennedy's Directory of
>Executive Recruiters (yes, Canada is included, just as in the
>real world) and/or look up the free recruiter directory that is
>in Genetic Engineering News each year.
>
>Better yet - asks friends or colleagues in industry who they know.
>Recruiters are NOT GEOGRAPHICALLY RELEVANT. You'll find an NYC
>headhunter that will do more for you than one in Guelph, etc.
>
>Dave

Dave:

I find it intriguing that you have referred several times to Kennedy's list of
recruiters.  Granted, it's fairly comprehensive and up to date, but I have some
reservations.

I find their list is very difficult to sort out with regard to recruiting specialty.

And, more importantly to the recruiting industry, Kennedy publications is well known
for their support of the contention that "All Contingency Recruiters are Unethical
By Definition".

For the edification of those reading this newsgroup, recruiters who work "on
contingency" only get paid when they make the placement. Retained firms get paid
upfront, before the placement is made. Kennedy pubs, and retained search firms in
general, contend that this leads to conflict of interest and other problems.

Your comments would be most welcome.

By the way, as well as providing a comprehensive biotechnology, pharmaceutical and
medical industry staffing resource, effective and comprehensive directories of
recruiters may be easily obtained via FSG Online.

The URL is: http://www.chemistry.com/biotech-jobs/

Frank Heasley, Ph.D.