Reshaping (my) graduate education

Mary R Leinhos leinhosm at gas.uug.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 18 18:35:43 EST 1995

I would like to add my two cents on the issue of non-research faculty
positions.  In my recent investigations of science education, I have
identified a few tenure-track faculty persons-- first of all, my
soon-to-be advisor.  She is assistant professor of Biochemistry, but has
no lab, and never did.  She is in charge of the Masters program for high
school teachers.  I haven't yet contacted the other people I've run
across, but they appear to be doing research in science teaching, are
biology faculty, and I don't think they have labs.  I don't know if they
started out with labs, but I bet their CV's demonstrated research competency.

Mary Leinhos