Australia

Chris Jones Chris_Jones at VME.CCC.NOTTINGHAM.AC.UK
Fri Jun 9 13:23:03 EST 1995

I have recently seen a job advertised in Australia that, at least from the
advert, looks right up my street. However, my husband suffers from mitral
stenosis which has caused atrial fibrillation and has to take both warfarin
and digoxin daily. This is likely to continue for the remainder of his life,
and he is expected to need surgery for a replacement heart valve at some
point. This may seem somewhat off the point, but, I have heard anecdotal
evidence that it is impossible to get into Australia to work or live if you
are anything other than A1 fit. Does anyone out there (anyone in Australia
read this group???) know if I am being unduly pessimistic or not? I am
probably going to apply anyway just to see what happens (it looks like a good
job)Thanks
Frankie
p.s. any email replies to H.F.J.Bligh at uk.ac.nott.vme please. This news reader
is set up in my bosses name!