What am I worth?

M.E.C. Fitzgerald MALINDA at NB.UTMEM.EDU
Tue Jun 27 11:43:25 EST 1995

In article <dperdue.2.142AC993 at wolfe.net>, dperdue at wolfe.net (Donna O.
Perdue) wrote:

> 	 I would appreciate any advice from folks with experience and/or strong
> opinions in this matter.  You may either email me or post replies.   I will
> pass along any  helpful comments in case any other readers could use the info.

dear Donna,
	Having just gone throught the interview process to obtain a faculty
position, I found that it really depended on where you were applying.  I
asked friends/aquaintances that had either just gotten a job or were in a
position (chairman) of hiring.  I found the range at medical schools 40-50K
for an entry Assistant Prof (12 month).  At private universities it was
much lower 25-30K for a 9 month appointment.  I would expect that industry
jobs would be similar to med schools since they require a strong research
background.  Hope this helps.

Think positive and enjoy life every day!
Malinda at nb.utmem.edu
Malind E.C. Fitzgerald, Ph.D.
Dept of Anatomy and Neurobiology UT, Memphis