Kitchen Sink

Hadass Eviatar eviatar at ibd.nrc.ca
Wed Mar 8 18:25:31 EST 1995

Ann Magnuson <bcbpam at lundberg.gu.se> wrote:

> ceecwl at cee.hw.ac.uk (Craig Lawson) wrote:

[drivel deleted]

> Very funny. One thing should be perfectly clear:
> This is NOT the right forum for cracking silly jokes, if that's what
> it is. Please find another newsgroup to play around in.
> If nothing else, you have offended the group by wasting bandwidth.
> A multitude of irrelevant postings is a sure way to lose a chance for
> interesting debates.
>
> Otherwise I very much enjoy reading this group.
>
> Ann

Ann,

The best way to deal with a troll [i.e., a person who posts inflammatory
material in order to elicit angry reactions] is to ignore him. This
type of indignant reaction is what he feeds on.

He doesn't have a chance of ruining any debates if he is totally
ignored.

Regards, Hadass

--
Hadass Eviatar                                  Email: eviatar at ibd.nrc.ca
National Research Council of Canada             Phone: (204) 984 - 4535