Finding work in bio, with kids

Janet Rosen NNFQ99A at prodigy.com
Fri Mar 17 13:41:13 EST 1995

You bring up a really important issue.  The answer I have found is to
leave traditional research and piece together other accepable  employment
to leave me time to spend with my kids.  I quit soon after I received my
PhD because I was not willing to put in the 10+ hour days.  I work 2 part
time jobs now - both related to my training - but neither in research.
It's the trade off you get by having kids - and I wouldn't have it any
other way!  I wouldn't miss the flexibility or time my piece work career
gives me to spend with my kids.  Do I miss the challenge of the lab?
Absolutely.  Did I have a choice?  Absolutely not!