Looking for new friends-- Bronx, NY?

Elizabeth M. Choinski ulemc at cypress.mcsr.olemiss.edu
Mon Mar 20 19:00:14 EST 1995

RGyure (rgyure at aol.com) wrote:
: My husband has been offered a job at Albert Einstein Medical College,
: Bronx, NYC. We are seriously considering the move. It means I will have to
: leave my tenure-track faculty position at small college, but-- we've
: discussed this for years and agree a move for his career is important at
: this time.

: [An aside-- are women usually the flexible partners? Seems this way to
: me...]

: Anyway-- I'll be looking for new friends, and hopefully, a new science
: position in the Bronx/New Rochelle area.  Any of you out there who can
: give support/advice/encouragement-- I'd appreciate it! I am a microbial
: ecologist-- strong teaching credentials in general
: bio/genetics/biochemistry  areas.
You might see if Fordham University has any positions open in their
biology department.  They are right down the street.  I know because
I could see the campus from my hospital window at Albert Einstein
when I was recovering from having my twin girls.  If it is any
consolation to you, AE is a great place, your husband will probably be
happy with his job.
Elizabeth Choinski, Science and Technology Bibliographer
J.D. Williams Library
University of Mississippi           VOICE 601-232-7910     FAX 601-232-7477
University, MS 38677                E-MAIL ulemc at cypress.mcsr.olemiss.edu