SUMMARY: should I change my surname?

Deborah Merriam dmerriam at gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Mar 21 15:19:59 EST 1995

=) I realized after I got a prompt in e-mail that I hadn't stated what
*I* have decided to do in the summary I posted last night! So, for the
record, I've concluded that I'll *always* think of myself as Deborah Lee
Merriam, and that I want to continue to publish under that name. However,
I also wanted the rite-of-passage and symbolism of sharing a name with my
husband. So, I am going to take my fiance's surname as a new middle name
(Deborah Lee Peckham Merriam, or D.L.P. Merriam), and he has agreed
to do the same (Michael Harold Merriam Peckham, or M.H.M. Peckham). We're
delighted with the idea - I came up with it on my own, although somebody
else did mention it in this thread after we'd discussed it. (And we
thought we were being so original! ;).

Thanks again, everybody! I hope this thread won't die just because I've
made a decision. =)

Deborah Merriam, dmerriam at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca