Affirmative action?

Coscolluela Eileene ecoscoll at ux4.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 22 18:53:53 EST 1995

DJC poland (djcpoland at aol.com) wrote:
: who is best qualified is being made.  So how would we change the methods
: of chosing so as to not need affirmative action as a "fudge factor" to
: make things come out the way they should if we actually do believe women
: have equal abilities?
: Donna J. Carty

	Get the women who DON'T exert themselves because their parents
	or educators tell them they aren't good enough to realize the
	potential in themselves.

	I'm certain that most of us have seen and used our potentials
	but there are many women out there (of their free choice or not)
	who do not apply their abilities.

Eileene Coscolluela		  |  "All our science, measured against
University of Illinois		  |   reality, is primitive and childlike --
ecoscoll at ux4.cso.uiuc.edu	  |   and yet it is the most precious thing
http://ux4.cso.uiuc.edu/~ecoscoll/|   we have."  --Albert Einstein