Medicine and Women

Helen Hansma hhansma at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 3 19:29:03 EST 1995

My doc is talking hormone replacement for protection against
heart disease, and I'm pretty opposed.  An aspirin a day seems
like a much lower impact drug treatment, but - does it work for
women?  It's only been tested for men.  I don't know if this is
what you're looking for, but it's what affects me at the
moment in terms of problems with women's medicine.

I think it's important for women to become involved in decision
making on medical research, since part of the problem is
doubtless that men are carrying out research on problems that
interest them.