at least 2 strikes

Mickie Noble mnoble at pop.uvic.ca
Mon Nov 6 21:30:55 EST 1995

In article <47b94h$pou at rouge.usl.edu>, mcl7821 at ucs.usl.edu says...

>  Over age 40, female, and my first semester of my Ph.D. program.  The
>number of questions and lack of understanding (on my part) is formidable.
> Would anyone care to discuss, i.e. general advice, or is this a muddle
>through as best you can situation.
>
>Martha Lanclos <mcl7821 at ucs.usl.edu

Hi Martha;
No, this is not just a muddle through situation. Try to start reading the
literature surrounding your thesis topic. If you're not sure where to begin,
try journals that specialize in review articles to get a feel for your areas of
interest. Your supervisor and any one who has been supervised by this person
(your lab mates) should also be able to help with suggestions, but don't
forget to get the papers that have recently been published by your lab. Good
luck.

Mickie