Call for Papers
Annette M. Van
Annette_Van at BROWN.EDU
Tue Nov 14 02:38:00 EST 1995
CALL FOR PAPERS CALL FOR PAPERS CALL FOR PAPERS CALL FOR PAPERS CALL FOR PAPERS
Brown University graduate students, with the support of the Pembroke
Center for Teaching and Research on Women, invite submissions for the
interdisciplinary graduate student conference:
(March 1-2, 1996)
Locating Feminisms. What defines feminism? How is it constructed by
racial, queer, ethnic, and class politics? Is it an ethical project that
travels across disciplinary lines? Has it become an academic animal that
has lost all connection to broader social movements? We're calling on
scholars and activists to debate the current importance of feminist theory
Papers might address:
* The relationship between gender studies and feminist work.
* Geography, space, and location.
* The politics of reproductive rights, HIV/AIDS, and the family.
* The discourses of international feminisms and human rights.
* Feminist art, performance, or pedagogy.
* The relationship between Feminist Theory and Queer Theory.
* Feminist history and the category of "experience."
* Gender, the nation, and religion.
* Gender and science, technology, or production.
* Women and the law.
Please submit a one-page abstract (two copies), your e-mail and mailing
addresses, and your phone number by January 5, 1996 to:
Providence, RI 02912
More information about the Womenbio