A question

Hilary Bates hbates at amgen.com
Wed Nov 29 13:55:27 EST 1995

Jenny <Jenny at howl.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I'm sorry if I am posting this question to the wrong newsgroup.  Can't
>quite think which newsgroup might be more appropriate.

It might be worth trying bionet.neuroscience; however, I hope that I
can give you some useful information.

>I'm in England and my dad is a stroke victim.  We've been told that
>the US and UK methods of managing stroke victims are different.  The
>physio we spoke to thought the American methods were better.  She had
>seen them demonstrated but couldn't remember them very clearly.  She
>said we should try and find out about them so we can help Dad with
>them when he comes home.
>
>Does anyone know of what these differences are and how we, at home,
>can enable Dad to make maximum recovery?
>
>Again, sorry if this is not the right group.  Would be very grateful
>if anyone has any suggestions.  Please email as I can't always get
>access to newsgroups.

There are two American associations, addresses from the '96 edition of
the Encyclopedia of Associations. I hope one or other will be able to
provide you with the sort of information you need.

National Stroke Association (NSA),
8480, East Orchard Rd., Suite 1000,
Englewood,
CO 80111
Phone (303) 771-1700 (you need 001 in front of that for calling from the UK)

Stroke Clubs, International (SCI)
805 12th St.,
Galveston,
TX 77550
Phone (409) 762-1022

Good luck; please let me know how you get on and feel free to ask if
I can be of any further help.

Hilary
hbates at amgen.com
<><