Monica & Stacy

Marianne-Louise Pierce mlp.lsa at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 4 17:27:20 EST 1995

In <44sqbn$faj at newsbf02.news.aol.com> monica039 at aol.com (Monica039)
writes:

>Don't know what you're into but thanks for the effort. We really did
try,
>didn't we. We almost had it all....my friend...
>Monica

Monica, you have made two very gracious responses including an apology
even though I see  no violation of netiquette.

I have not looked into this newsgroup for a while, but was aghast when
I saw the negative reaction to Monica's obviously innocent inquiry for
information SHARING re RFLP.  I have seen many questions such as Monica
posed on many scientific, medical, legal, economics etc. newsgroups.  I
have never seen any individual flamed and subject to character
assassination in response.

It was very clear that Monica was not asking anyone to do her work for
her, or any of the other dastardly deeds she was accused.  Normally, in
response to such an inquiry for the SHARING of information such as
Monica sought, the person is directed to another newsgroup, given the
names of articles, books or other references that one has already
discovered to be useful. I have found the scientific community to be
especially cooperative. If one cannot SHARE one’s knowledge or point
the person to a more productive source of SHARED information, I think
proper netiquette would be to just move on the next posting.

Most of us learned in kindergarten how important it is to share with
our friends.  If we cannot SHARE information and be mutually
supportive, let’s agree to keep our negative thoughts confined to our
own hard drives.

Marianne