Toxicology Anyone?

Darryl E Brock debroc at ccmail.monsanto.com
Mon Oct 9 21:21:54 EST 1995

There should be a great deal of information on toxicology out and about.
The standard text is Casarett and Doull's TOXICOLOGY and A. Wallace
Hayes has a fine text entitled PRINCIPLES AND METHODS OF TOXICOLOGY.  In
terms of more general career information, try the Society of Toxicology.
I do not have contact information, but this should easily be obtained
from any library's Directory of Associations.

A course on toxicology for people interested in preparing for the DABT
exam is the Mid-America Toxicology Course taught by Dr. Curtis D.
Klaassen, an editor of Casarett and Doull.  He is located at the U of
Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City (913-588-7714, fax 913-588-7501).

There is also a toxicology newsgroup somewhere on the web.  I have seen
it before, but as I am a neophyte newsgroup user, I am not sure if it is
at bionet or where.

If you have more detailed questions, you may e-mail to me and I will
present it to one of our corporate toxicologists for followup.

Regards,

Darryl E. Brock
Monsanto Company
St. Louis, Missouri