I want to be a professor. Am I crazy?

Julia Frugoli JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Thu Oct 12 16:20:18 EST 1995

Read this week's Science magazine on "The future of the PhD in America"
before you decide you want to go to graduate school.  It may encourage
or discourage you, depending on what you think of when you think
"professor".   But the ability to earn a PhD is much much more than
"good grades".  I love learning too, but a healthy chunk of graduate
school (in the sciences anyway) is just plain hard work at low pay.  I
don't have mine yet, and I'm 35, so I hope age isn't a factor!
Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

presently visiting grad student at
Texas A&M University