Call for Papers

kristin mapelbloomberg kmapelbl at unlinfo.unl.edu
Thu Oct 19 07:05:21 EST 1995

Association of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
1 & 2 March 1996

Keynote speaker: Dr. Londa Schiebinger, Professor of History from
Pennsylvania State University, and author of _Nature's Body: Gender in
the making of Modern Science_.

No Limits is an annual conference dedicated to crossing boundaries
between disciplines and exploring a wide range of women's issues.
We invite proposals from undergraduate and graduate students on any
topic relating to women's studies and from any discipline relating to
women's issues, lives, and culture.

The 1996 No Limits conference invites proposals especially relating to
our special theme of Women in Science and Theory, in honor of
scheduled Keynote Speaker Dr. Londa Schiebinger.

Please submit one 500 word abstract outlining your proposed paper,
workshop, film, or whatever,  by Monday, 4 December 1995 to
No Limits Conference
c/o UNL Women's Studies Program
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
337 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, Ne  68588-0303

Phone 402/472/9392

email inquiries only to kmapelbl at unlinfo.unl.edu (sorry, we are unable
to accept abstracts & proposals by email).  Please email to this
address if you would like to attend the conference, but not present a
paper, so conference materials may be sent to you.

In the spirit of making this conference avaliable to as many students
as possible, we do not charge a conference fee; however, students are
responsible for the cost of their transportation, meals, and lodging.
Notification sent 22 January 1996.  If you would like notification by
the first part of January, please include a self-addressed, stamped
envelope with your proposal.